Summer season is upon us and these illustworthy goodies from Bazaar’s May issue will take me from seaside to poolside and to a sunset al fresco dinner. Love this list of some delicious options for best places to eat by the sea. I can’t wait to try every one of these restaurants one day with my hubby and our little boys. In the meantime, I guess living in sunny Los Angeles will have to do. Here are the 6 lustworthy goodies for my long Sea Days.
1. Oliver Peoples :: The gold and amber colors of this pair will really shine against a pink sand beach.
2. Eres :: Love the peekaboo of the gold bands on the dark olive Alliages Tungstene bandeau bikini, especially if they peep out from the caftan.
3. Etienne Aigner :: These sandals are luxuriously easy, chic and comfy.
4. Lisa Eisner :: This turquoise statement necklace can easily transition from day to night.
5. Two New York Caftan :: These sophisticated stripes and colors are perfectly airy for the sea days and nights.
6. Truss NYC :: Geometric and colorful, they’ll hold all my beach goodies.
Here’s a link to my instagram and tumblr for illustrations long before they’re posted on my blog. xox
Long gone are the endless office hours and with it, the dressy office clothes. One of the reasons I miss my corporate fashion life is dressing up for work. Ever since I left my job last year to stay home with my munchkins, I haven’t had the need to buy any “nice” clothes. But that doesn’t stop me from shopping… in my head! I love looking through fashion magazines and drooling over lustworthy goodies. It’s always been a habit of mine to rip out my favorite pages and keep the “tear sheets” in a folder to look up and buy or just admire later. But what really happens with them? Nothing. I rarely look through them and they usually get tossed along with my fashion dreams and wishes. That’s why I’m going to start illustrating my magazine loves that I find lustworthy or in my case, illustworthy (wink wink). Illustrating lustworthy goodies is what I’ve been doing ever since I started this blog, but my glossy goodies series will be based soley on the tear sheets from the issue of the month. Drumroll please. Here’s my first official glossy goodies from Harper’s Bazaar May 2015 issue:
1. Dries Van Noten necklace :: Possibly the only way I’ll wear colorful tassels on my body. And because it’s Dries Van Noten.
2. Chloe Bag :: I need this Georgia crossbody bag because it will fit my life, my boys’ lives and still look trés chic. My arms will be free for cuddles with my little ones.
3. Les Copains dark rinse denim dress :: I don’t wear jeans (I’m convinced they are uncomfortable and not flattering on me) and the only denim I have in my closet is my denim jacket. A dress is another way I’d wear denim and I love that this one has sleeves.
4. Acqua di Parma Rosa Nobile :: What better way to remind myself of the year I spent in Tuscany and smell like a rose, the queen of flowers?
5. Tabitha Simmons flats :: Long walks along the Arno River in Florence during sunset with my hubby doesn’t have to hurt by wearing heels. I’d walk confidently and maybe even skip once or twice in these striped lovelies.
A girl can dream.
Here’s a link to my instagram to follow me and see my illustrations long before they are posted on this blog. xox
Easter Sunday was about a month and a half ago. I didn’t post any illustrations for the month of April because I was too busy getting decorations ready for my son’s preschool “gala.” I’ll post the pictures of my work in the next few days. However, I did post this on my instagram and just getting to post this on my blog now. I never grew up celebrating Easter. It may have something to do with my parents’ Buddhist faith or their immigrant background as well as a general lack of interest in the holiday. As a result, I never really cared for it. That is until we had our little boys. I have to admit, besides decorating eggs, I’m still not a big fan of Easter. Thank goodness for my mother in law and her love of setting up egg hunts in their back yard! Oh such joy in my boys’ eyes as they tore through their Easter baskets! I think I’d have done the same if I had some of these goodies in my Easter Basket: Chanel No. 5, Dior Earrings, Rouge Coco, Celine Bag, Balenciaga Sandals and a Valentino Dress.
This is my first bridal portrait of my sister on her Valentine’s Wedding Day back in 2009 at the Hotel Bel Air. The ceremony was touching and beautiful and the reception was glamourous. This illustration started out as a mistake when the paper started to rip on her cheek because I was trying so hard to make the blush look natural. I recovered quickly and was inspired by Barney Saltzberg’s Beautiful Oops!. I made the oops into a BEAUTIFUL OOPS! I think I got a little too excited with the Liquid Gems from Liquitex or widely known as puffy paint. But I love the texture and the sparkle these lovely little bottles provide! Now who loves a little sparkle? Or a lot? I prefer a lot!
Please see my daily works in progress on my tumblr site to see what I’m working on! Thank you!