Found out a week ago, but every time I read this article I want to dance and cry it out! I’m just really emotional like that.
This illustration was inspired by one of my favorite emojis. I’m twinning with my sister in Valentino because that’s what we used to do when we were younger. Even though my sister is two years younger than me, we’d make sure to coordinate and wear matching polka dot outfits in elementary school. We looked freaking adorable! Not sure why we got teased by the mean older girls on our walk back home from school. That never stopped us from twinning! Made us love fashion that much more!
Follow me on IG and see my illustrations way before they’re posted on my blog with random stories. Thank you!
This past month just flew by! My sister, nephew and brother-in-law were in town and we had such a wonderful time! I miss them and can’t wait for our trip to the east coast at the end of this month. I’ve been enjoying this time off from the corporate world, but I do miss challenging my brain! As a remedy, I’m planning on starting a little something of my own, separate from this illustration blog. I’ll let you know more details once I have actual samples in my hand. In the meantime, I’m enjoying my “bohemian” lifestyle now but the only thing missing are these fabulous wanderlusty dresses in my wardrobe. From left to right, here are the designers: Chloe, Burberry, Valentino, Tory Burch and Lanvin. Ahhh… I can see myself twirling around the hills (like Maria) until my little boys run over and snag the fine, delicate fabrics. C’est la vie!
In the meantime, follow me on instagram and tumblr for a preview of what’s to come on the blog. Merci!
Finally, I’m able to imagine myself in a slip dress! I lost most of the baby weight that I gained with my two little ones and now I’m actually looking at dresses without sleeves. The other day, I wore a sleeveless dress to Disneyland and ended up with red shoulders as I forgot to put sunblock on my arms as I’m not used to exposing them. I learned my lesson. Next time, I definitely won’t forget to slather on the sunblock, when I slip into island time!
1. Gucci Aviators: Classic Gucci bamboo is the perfect way to top these aviators.
2. Ferragamo Slip Dress: Love the colors and the color blocking. Oooh, I wish I can put this dress on now!
3. Carolina Herrera: Falling Jasmine necklace is the perfect way to accent a summer slip dress. Love the smell of jasmine.
4. Mansur Gavriel: I may not wear pink, but I will carry a pink bag. This chic lady bag is big enough for my goods and my little boys’ ninja turtles, legos and a ton of bribeworthy snacks for the kids. Looks like there might be room for a water bottle!
5. Celine: Ballerina/ Jiffy Heel. I know. White shoes? With chunky heels? With gold hardware? Why? Because it’s Celine. And Phoebe Philo’s midas touch. For those reasons, I need them. Or at least I need to illustrate them.
Follow me on Instagram and Tumblr because it’s been taking me a while to post here. Merci! xox
Summer season is upon us and these illustworthy goodies from Bazaar’s May issue will take me from seaside to poolside and to a sunset al fresco dinner. Love this list of some delicious options for best places to eat by the sea. I can’t wait to try every one of these restaurants one day with my hubby and our little boys. In the meantime, I guess living in sunny Los Angeles will have to do. Here are the 6 lustworthy goodies for my long Sea Days.
1. Oliver Peoples :: The gold and amber colors of this pair will really shine against a pink sand beach.
2. Eres :: Love the peekaboo of the gold bands on the dark olive Alliages Tungstene bandeau bikini, especially if they peep out from the caftan.
3. Etienne Aigner :: These sandals are luxuriously easy, chic and comfy.
4. Lisa Eisner :: This turquoise statement necklace can easily transition from day to night.
5. Two New York Caftan :: These sophisticated stripes and colors are perfectly airy for the sea days and nights.
6. Truss NYC :: Geometric and colorful, they’ll hold all my beach goodies.
Here’s a link to my instagram and tumblr for illustrations long before they’re posted on my blog. xox
We ordered an air filter the other day from Amazon and I just couldn’t get myself to throw away the packing paper. Instead I’ve been drawing and painting on it with gold paint and I really like the results. To see more of the gold on packing paper series, please check out my daily works in progress on my tumblr site, The Daily Illustrienne and instagram feed. I started an astrology series and I’m starting with Aries, as it is the first sign in the zodiac. Aries are fearless, youthful and bold! My best friend is an Aries, and I love her high energy and uplifting spirit. This Gucci coat is only for the bold, and my Aries friends can easily pull this look off!