Summer season is upon us and these illustworthy goodies from Bazaar’s May issue will take me from seaside to poolside and to a sunset al fresco dinner. Love this list of some delicious options for best places to eat by the sea. I can’t wait to try every one of these restaurants one day with my hubby and our little boys. In the meantime, I guess living in sunny Los Angeles will have to do. Here are the 6 lustworthy goodies for my long Sea Days.
1. Oliver Peoples :: The gold and amber colors of this pair will really shine against a pink sand beach.
2. Eres :: Love the peekaboo of the gold bands on the dark olive Alliages Tungstene bandeau bikini, especially if they peep out from the caftan.
3. Etienne Aigner :: These sandals are luxuriously easy, chic and comfy.
4. Lisa Eisner :: This turquoise statement necklace can easily transition from day to night.
5. Two New York Caftan :: These sophisticated stripes and colors are perfectly airy for the sea days and nights.
6. Truss NYC :: Geometric and colorful, they’ll hold all my beach goodies.
Here’s a link to my instagram and tumblr for illustrations long before they’re posted on my blog. xox
I was inspired by Garance Dore’s French It Girl Style in an army-inspired workwear. She’s always très chic. And so in my luxury dreamland, the following are the goodies that I would love to wear with an army green jumpsuit and here are my illustworthy reasons ::
Louis Vuitton Necklace // The popsicle shades. Yummy! (Spotted the necklace in Harper’s Bazaar but can’t seem to find it on the LV site. But the link of the Earrings in Orange is similar to the necklace.)
**This is a continuation of my gold on packing paper series. I just feel better knowing that I’m reusing the paper and not just tossing it away. Doing my part!
My hubby and I rarely go out for romantic date nights in the City of Angels. (Wasn’t that video of Los Angeles by Chris Pritchard so beautiful, especially at night?) We usually meet up with our friends for fun double dates or stay in for movie nights complimented by my running commentary that my hubby just adores. Not. (Yup, that’s us in that clip of The Weird Things Couples Do On Movie Night.) That’s why I’m so excited about our Valentine’s Date Night next Saturday! I have my whole outfit planned out in my Illustrienne Dress Up World! Drum roll please…. Here are the illustworthy items:
1. There’s no better way to say I love you than wearing hearts on your sleeves and dress. And this beautifully embellished lace Dolce and Gabbana Dress is fun, feminine and whimsical. I especially like that my arms are covered up (I’m weird about my arms right now) but I’m able to show off my legs.
2. I saw these earrings on net-a-porter and immediately fell in love with the fantastical element of Lydia Courteille’s creation. But when I found them listed on Vogue Paris online as “Virgo white gold, diamond, sapphire and moonstone earrings,” I knew it was written in the stars for me to illustrate them. Being a Virgo with a former astronomy obsession, I love spotting little Virgo images in unexpected places.
4. Definitely want to stay comfy and don’t want to hobble by my hubby’s side in fancy heels I can’t walk in! I opted for these illustworthy, perfectly bead embellished Balenciaga Cut-Out Flats. My hubby loves me in flats and I know why. I’m more confident in flats. I feel secure in knowing that I’m not going to topple over, and I can walk faster in flats with perfect posture. And I’m in such a better mood because my feet are not in excruciating pain (unless I wear my Clergerie platforms).
5. Now to complete my look with the prettiest shade of pink is Chanel Rouge Allure #93, Exaltée. Such a feminine, fresh color! And I just love their packaging and always enjoy illustrating their goodies.
My hair won’t look that voluminous on date night but this is my illustrienne world and a girl can imagine.
How am I supposed to keep calm for this totally lustworthy or more like ILLUST-worthy (wink wink)key fob by Anya Hindmarch! I love this character key fob for so many reasons but my favorite aspect is the zipper mouth with the pull that looks like a tongue. Do you ever regret what comes out of your mouth? Especially when feeling irritable or stressed? For me, there’s one week a month where all hell breaks loose. I’m so lucky to have such an understanding hubby! (I love you honey!) I may have to frame this illustration and hang it up so it’s a constant reminder for me to Keep Calm and Zip it! Or would wearing the cross-body bag with the key fob be a better reminder? Uh… yes. This bag is luxury with a purpose!
This past week, Max (4), Dashiell (22 months) and my nephew Thompson (4) have been obsessed with all things Lego. It’s been a fun-filled week but extremely stressful when Dashiell’s chubby little hands can’t put the hair back on Emmet, Max can’t find his Red Ninjago or Thompson wants the Golden Ninjago. Tears have been shed, hair pulled and bodies pushed. Plus, I’m not sure how many more times I can listen to “Everything is Awesome,” in the car. These tiny legos are probably too advanced for our little ones, but they insist on playing with them and it’s put me on an emotion roller coaster. But Alas! I found my own lego heaven in this eye bag that caught my eye on Eva Chen’s instagram feed. My three little musketeers probably wouldn’t appreciate the design, quality and craftsmanship of this Alex Black Widow “LOVE” Bag as much as I would, but I knew this bag had to be the one to illustrate. Now that I’m embedded in Lego Universe, these three boys have been looking like lego characters themselves! And for their lego character debut I’d dress them in the cutest comfy/dressy clothes for boys from Bang Bang Copenhagen. For their bright orange shoes: would Adidas x Raf Simons ‘Stan Smith’ collaboration for little boys’ sneakers be available one day? No need to wait, when I can illustrate them now! Despite all the fighting between these little ones, I know that between them there is enough love to last a lifetime. Or at least until next week… eeks!